Friday 19 June 2015

The Placebo Effect : A Cure in the Mind

If you believe that the pill, which you are taking is curing the disease. It is time to rewire your thinking process. 

Placebo (Latin word meaning "I shall please" ) is a inactive substance like sugar, distilled water or saline solution that have proved to produce the same effect of active pill. Placebo effect have also a remarkable improvement incase of "Fake" surgery and "Fake" injection.

Almost 80% of the disease is cured by the believe that you have taken a medicine. Your medicine will work only if you believe that it will work. 
Once the pill is taken, the patient have a strong believe that it will cure his illness. Once the mind started accepting this command, the body starts releasing the good chemicals like endorphins, oxytocin, etc to relieve the pain and cure the illness. 



During my college days, I had a severe diarrhoea. I have requested my friend to give me a homoeopathic table to cure it. He gave me some homoeopathic tablet and as a miracle, my diarrhoea stopped within one hour. I am totally surprised and asked him the name of the Homoeopathic tablet. He smiling answered "Sorry, I don't have diarrhoea tablet when you asked.So, I gave headache tablet". 

Researchers in Finland studied two group of patients for Knee surgery - One group received proper surgery and the other received a placebo(Fake) surgery who are made to believe that they also had a proper surgery by giving anaesthesia. After one year, both the group showed same improvements.  

Dr.Nagore Rumi have told beautifully, even now in many villages doctors are using "Turmeric solution" as injection. With no surprise, the patients are getting cured with their belief system. I have also heard my grandmother telling that in her village hospital the doctor used to give the same white tablet for almost all the diseases and all the patients cured. 

Most of the diseases are cured with the belief that doctor is M.B.B.S, FRCS (London) and he will surely cure my illness. If the doctor takes time and listens to the patient carefully and if the patient confidence and belief with the doctor is high, then the patient recovers fastly. Those doctors are called as "Kai Rasi" or "Lucky Doctors" in our locality. To be frank all the doctors give the same injection and tablet for the common illness. Now you can understand how the same medicine given by two different doctors works differently. 

In a nutshell, if you believe that the normal drinking water will recover your health. It surely will do the magic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Message from Universe to You

Hello Friends, If you are seeing this comment then take it as the sign from your subconscious mind / Universe that "This too shall Pass...