Tuesday 2 August 2016

Let's be the change - Board the Bus

"Be the change you want to see in this world - Mahatma Gandhi"

Traffic in Bangalore is growing in a very fast pace everyday. On some of these days, I spend almost two hours on my bike in the huge piled up traffic amidst the polluted smoke. It also dissapoints me when I hear that some people end up spending three to four hours in trafiic in a day. During the rains in Bangalore, the situation only worsens due to the water clogs on the roads.

The traffic intimation on Google maps shows blood red roads, indicating huge traffic in most of the places in the Outer Ring Road, Bangalore, from Ramamurthy Nagar to BTM layout during the peak hours of office.

As per the study by Washington University, 'Commuting in a huge traffic can lead to higher chronic stress'. It is a known fact that 80 percentage of the diseases are caused by stress. Hence, in-order to lead a healthy and happy life, you need to find the exact root cause of stress and take required action.

So, I have decided to board the BMTC bus in-order to have a peaceful commute to and fro to work. Inadditon to that, I get a satisfaction that I contribute to reducing the traffic and pollution to our beautiful Garden city. I always appreciate the quality of VOLVO buses and the good service provided by our BMTC. 

Kavitha(The Happy Zen member) says "I travel by Volvo to office everyday. It is really a good environment to listen to zen audio, meditation. A very good place to rest our mind.I started loving to commute now".



Things TO-DO in bus :
  • Read good books.
  • Listen to soothing music.
  • Listen to good audio books.
  • Have a relaxed nap.
  • Listen to Guided Meditation.

Advantages of Boarding a Bus :
  • You get peace of mind.
  • Your body will be relaxed.
  • Your physical and mental health will be improved. 
  • Your knowledge will be upgraded.
  • Your energy will be saved to give your best performance at work.  

Alternative Options :
  • Use office shuttle.
  • Be an early bird to office.
  • Appoint a driver.
  • Go car pooling.

Your productivity and efficiency at work during the day depends on how you start your day. So, I strongly recommend you to board the office/ BMTC buses and have a peaceful and blissful commuting. Bon Voyage. 

Final Words : 
I wrote this article while in a VOLVO BMTC bus on the way to my office using my lovely LG Mobile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Message from Universe to You

Hello Friends, If you are seeing this comment then take it as the sign from your subconscious mind / Universe that "This too shall Pass...