Monday 15 August 2016

Be Positive - An Eggless Birthday Cake Story :

Positive Thinking will let you do everything better than negative thinking will - Zig Zaglar. 

Inspired by the teachings of Buddha, Mahaveer, Lord Krishna and Vallalar I have stopped eating Non-Veg including egg from 2012 onward. I used to avoid Chocolates, Cakes and other food products that have egg. Inspired by me and by God's blessings, my wife also stopped eating Non-Veg including egg. 
[ I haven't compelled her to STOP and I don't like compelling anyone to STOP ]

14-Aug[Sun] is my Wife's birthday. I would like to celebrate it with a lovely egg-less Butterscotch cake. On Sat[13-Aug], I started at 8.15 PM in a two wheeler to buy Egg-less Butterscotch cake in Salem. I was highly confident that it is easy to get egg-less cake in Salem. 

I first approached Saravana bakery [one of the famous bakeries in Salem] at 8.30 PM. Bakery in-charge informed that "Egg-less cake will be prepared only based on order and if you give order now, I can deliver it tomorrow[14-Aug] at 11.00 AM. He also informed that the shop will closed exactly at 9.00 PM due to Aadi festival and if required, you need to pay advance to book your cake". 

I ignored his words, thinking that egg-less cake will be easy to buy and then I started my journey to Lakshmi Bakery. I reached there around 9.20 PM and the person in-charge also informed that there is no egg-less cake. I am little dis-appointed and called my wife and informed that I am sorry that I could not arrange "Egg-less" cake.  

On the way back home, I approached Iyengar Bakery, who also informed that there is no Egg-less cake. By this time, I have realized that I should have Ordered in "Saravana Bakery" when the person have insisted to pay advance and book the cake. 

Let's pause for a minute, and I would like to inform that Saravana bakery, Lakshmi Bakery and Iyengar bakery have varieties of Egg cake for immediate delivery. However, I don't want to buy "Egg" cake at any cost, as I strongly believe in the words of my masters. 

On my way home, many thoughts are running in my mind including the thought "I am highly positive and I should get cake, how I didn't get it".  At 9.40 PM, When I was about to take right to my home, my inner voice guided me to "Be positive" and go straight to Saravana Bakery and try one more time [ I would like to remind you that the Saravana Bakery in-charge strictly informed that the shop will be closed by 9.00 PM ]. 

I would like to follow my hunch and give a final try before I quit my mission. I remembered a quote, "The difference between Ordinary and Extra-ordinary is that little extra". I am ready to go for a extra-mileage to fulfill my mission. 

By the time, the I reached Saravana Bakery, it is around 9.45 PM. All the doors are closed except the entrance. I parked my vehicle quickly and went inside the Bakery and all the employees are cleaning the whole shop. With a big smile on my face, I went to the cash counter and ordered my favorite "One kg Butterscotch Egg-less cake". 


On the way home, I remembered one more beautiful quote "Winners never Quit and Quitters never win" and it will be recorder as one more success story in my life for being positive and to try till the goal is reached. 

Next day, the Egg-less cake is delivered on-time and I am delighted to celebrate the birthday with an egg-less Butterscotch cake. 


Moral of the Story : 
  • Be Optimistic in every situation. 
  • You might also reach a junction in your life, where you need to take a decision to quit or try one time by being positive. I request you also to try one more time and it might bring success and transform your life completely.  


1 comment:

A Message from Universe to You

Hello Friends, If you are seeing this comment then take it as the sign from your subconscious mind / Universe that "This too shall Pass...