Tuesday 26 February 2019

A Monk with a Mac - Chapter 3

14-Feb-2019 | Lufthansa Airlines from Bangalore to Frankfurt | 5.00 AM 

Suddenly, I could sense that the Airline Cabin crew is busy. Yes, they have started distributing the breakfast for us. Asian Vegetarian meal was served for me. Breakfast menu contained Pongal, Small Medhu Vada, One small Onion Dosa, Sambahar, Chutney, Bread, Amul Butter, Jam and Fruit Salad in a limited quantity. If a person eats the food given in the flight for one month, I am confident that the person will lose minimum of 10 kgs. 

When the cabin crew member asked the monk sitting next to me about the meal preference, he replied "No Thanks.Just a glass of plain water please" he answered with his patented smile. 

"Why are you not having the breakfast ?" I asked the monk eagerly. 

"I am not hungry now. I have the habit of eating the food only when I am hungry" he replied. 

"Why ?" I asked. 

"An Irish couplet says, Eat only when you are hungry and drink water only when you are thirsty, and you will live as long as the heavens fall down" he replied, while I was eating my favorite Medhu Vada. Yes, I too was not feeling hungry while I was eating the breakfast. 

"Does this phrase true ?" I asked, inquisitively. 

"I used to fall sick often during my early childhood. I tried Allopathy, Homeopathy, Ayurveda, etc. Even though it helped me to solve the symptoms, the cure is not permanent. My father have finally taken me to an ancient Vishnu temple near my town. In that temple, my father have narrated my problem to the Old priest aged about 80 years. The Old Priest have tied a  sacred red thread on my hand and have advised me to eat the food only when I am hungry. Miraculously, by following this simple technique for one week, I could see lots of improvement in my health. I continued following this religiously, and I am healed completely within three months" the Monk explained, proudly. 

"Awesome. You are healed by the sacred thread or by eating the food when you are hungry?" I threw him a hypothetical question. 

"Both" the monk replied smartly. 

"How your body healed, by this simple technique?" I asked surprised. 

"When you eat the food, when you are hungry, it will become an Elixir. In contrary, when you eat the food, when you are not hungry, it will become as poison" he replied. 

"Hmm... Interesting"

"From that time onwards, I eat only when I am hungry and I enjoy a  healthy body with more energy and enthusiasm. Very rarely I get Fever and Common cold, which I cure myself by water fasting" the monk answered gleefully. 

“So, you don’t go to Doctor?” I asked him

“No. I haven’t step inside a Hospital by God’s grace, for the past 20 Years." he replied proudly. 

"Wow. It inspires me a lot"

"If you listen to your body when it whispers, you won’t have to hear it scream” the monk said cheerfully. 

I have started trusting his words by now, as he gives more logical reasons for all my questions. I wanted to give his philosophy a try, to see the positive difference. Immediately, I stopped eating the breakfast and closed my plate with the tissue paper. 

"I hope, you will eat only vegetarian food right?" I asked

"Yes, you are right we eat only Satvik food that is offered to the God. Usually I prepare my food myself and I refrain eating the food from restaurant's" 

"Why don't you eat the food from restaurant’s?" I asked confused. 

"Do you know that the food we eat contains the imprints of the cook's mind, during it's preparation? So only, we avoid eating the food prepared by the third party cook" the monk explained. 

"Is it really true? Is there any scientific proof?” I asked, inquisitively. 

"It seems you don't believe anything until it is proved in laboratory" the monk asked me with a big smile. 

"Seeing is Believing" I answered. 
"However, in Spiritual Science, You need to Believe to See" the monk replied politely. 

He also added that "Please read the book 'The Hidden Message’s in Water' written by Masaru Emoto. It explains how our thoughts affect the water. He proved this theory, in his laboratory especially for persons like you" he giggled. 

"Really ? Is he a scientist?" I asked 
"Yes. Spiritual Scientist" he smiled. 

I have opened my LG G7 smartphone and noted down the book name and author name in my Google Keep, with an intention to read this book in future. 

Suddenly, a cabin crew member came to me with a hot flask and asked "Sir, Do you need tea or coffee?" 

"No Thanks" I replied. Yes, I have decided to eat or drink only when I get an alarm from my stomach.



If you like this article, please share it with your family and friends. Please leave your feedback about this article in the below comments sections. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Message from Universe to You

Hello Friends, If you are seeing this comment then take it as the sign from your subconscious mind / Universe that "This too shall Pass...