Saturday 9 March 2019

Best Women's Day Gift (Happily Maried Series )

08-Mar-2019 | Sweet Home | 11.00 PM

I have reached home little late due to the busy work, as the project deadline is in another two weeks. Even though I have started from my office at 10.00 PM, I have reached home only at 11.00 PM after sailing through slow moving traffic for around eight Kms. Yes, in Bangalore even Oracle cannot predict rain and traffic correctly. 

Both my wife and son are still awake waiting for me. As soon as I entered my sweet home, I have handed over two Dairy Milk chocolates to my wife and wished her “Happy Women’s Day. Thank you for being in my life”




“Only two Dairy Milk Chocolate, for Women’s day” She asked. 

Saint inside me gave Gyan, “It's not how much we give, but how much love we put into giving”

I will tell you a secret, please don’t tell anyone. With five years of marriage experience, I have anticipated this basic question from her. So I have Googled in my car parking with my mobile and found this Quote from Mother Theresa before entering home. Now, let’s go back to our story. 

Receiving the two Dairy milk from me, She said “I want something big”

“Sure. I will buy big Dairy Milk pack tomorrow”
“Sir, I am asking for something else and not Dairy Milk”

“So, what do you want Madam ?” I asked my wife politely

“Do you know, my apartment friend Radha have given Black forest cake to me ?” my wife replied. 

Yes, you read it right and there is no error in printing. My wife never answers my question straight. She confuses me most of the times by giving some strange answers which I need to use by Seventh Sense to decrypt it. 

“Why She gave Cake to you?” I asked her 

“Her husband have bought it for her to celebrate Women’s day and she have given cake to whole apartment including me” She answered. 

I was rehearsing in my mind what I need to tell to Radha’s husband when I meet him for the next time 'Please order two from next time onwards and leave it with the security and message me. I will pay for it'  

“So you also want cake?” I asked 

“No, I want a similar dress which Rashmika Mandanna was wearing in Geetha Govindam. We can get such collections in Phoenix Market City” she answered 

“Done. Let’s go tomorrow evening. Now let’s go for sleep as I am feeling very tired” I said yawning. 

09-Mar-2019 | Phoenix Market City Bangalore | 7.12 PM 

Me, my wife and my son have reached Phoenix market City in our Favorite Pearl Silver Metallic Maruti Zen. After getting the Car parking ticket, I drove my car to the basement. I parked my car near the pillar J11. Within couple of seconds, one black Alto K10 car came and parked infront of my car. Young couples in a modern Western outfit, came out of the car and walk towards the lobby holding their hands together in a hurry. 

I hope they might be getting late for the movie, which they have booked. I was still sitting in my car checking my WhatsApp for the Project updates from my team, who are working in office. When I have finished all the pending messages, I am surprised to see that the Black Maruti Alto K10 headlight is still ON. However, I could not alert the owner as he is out of my sight now. 



If the car's headlight is ON for long time, then it might drain the battery. If the battery is down, then we cannot start the Car. I could have alerted him if I am not checking my WhatsAPP. I am little worried, thinking about his situation, when he comes out of the movie after 11.00 PM. I just prayed to the almighty to help the Young couple after the movie, as I could not do anything in this situation. 

I stepped out of my car and closed my car doors and started walking towards the lobby. Within couple of steps, I have realized that the Car headlight is ON in my car and not in the black Maruti Alto car as I assumed earlier. Actually, the light from my car have fallen on the Alto's headlight and it gave an impression that the Alto's headlight is ON. Suddenly, I have opened my car door and switched off the car headlight. I have thanked God and was happy about my good luck

While I was going on the elevator inside the mall, my inner voice told me “Sometimes we live in an illusion that the other person is wrong, however when we step outside and see from a third person perspective, we could clearly see that it is we who have the fault most of the time and not the other person. So, next time before you judge someone like your Spouse, Parents, Friends, Colleagues, etc, please double check whether you are perfect. Sometimes it is your head(lights), which is still ON”.



After entering the mall, I have given my credit card to my wife and asked her to shop whatever she wants. Me and my son have entered the Om Book Shop in the Lower Ground Level to upgrade our wisdom, while she went on searching for the perfect outfit that will upgrade her Wardrobe. 

If you are wondering, how could I dare to give my Credit card to my wife. Being a NLP (Neuro Lingustic program) student, I know my wife better than her. There is no Fashion designer in this world, who could satisfy her taste. 

I gave my son “Dashavatara” picture story book to read and I went to the Self Help book section to meet some good author. Yes, the author’s soul still lives in their books. I have met Napolean Hill, multiple times in his books. 



As expected after two hours approximately my wife came to the book store empty handed. I asked her “What happened, darling?”

She told the same age old dialogue “Collections are not good” 

“If you don’t like it. You should never buy it. You should always wear which your soul likes it” I received my Credit card from her with a big sigh of relief. 

I forget to tell one more thing, that the credit card have only Rs.107 balance. I have paid the Team Dinner bill for my team last week, which have kept me with low balance. 

“It is becoming late. So, let’s go home” I told her. 

She nodded gently and we started walking towards our car. I told thanks to the black Maruti Alto for giving me one priceless wisdom and started my car. On the way home, I told my wife that you are very tired; I will buy Dinner and no need to cook. 

After reaching home, I went to Amurtham Tiffins and bought Chapati for Rs.100 using my credit card, clearing the pending amount in the credit card. 

As she was very tired of standing for almost two hours, the chapatti that bought from local mess tasted really like Amurtham. While eating the chapatti, she smiled with her eyes towards me. 

I could read from my wife’s eyes that “She was very happy that I gave Dairy Milk and Sponsored Dinner for Women's Day”

Suddenly, I received a quote in a WhatsApp group “I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel - Maya Angelou”

I smiled to myself, experiencing the truth in that quote.  

P.S : If you like this story, please share with your family and friends and leave a comment below. 

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prem, your style of story telling is unique. You have shared a great moral through a daily life experience very beautifully. Please keep up the good work. Looking forward for more and more interesting posts from you. Wishing you the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your kind words. Your positive words fuels me to write more such posts. Stay blessed with peace and happiness.

      Delete
  3. Interesting story telling.
    Gives pleaseant feeling when we read it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it. Thanks Rajesh, your kind words mean a lot.

      Delete
  4. As International Women's Day approaches, it's the perfect time to lavish the remarkable women in your life with luxurious gifts that reflect their grace, strength, and elegance. Whether it's your partner, mother, sister, or friend, showing appreciation with indulgent presents can make them feel cherished and celebrated. Elevate her vanity with a beautifully crafted women's day gifts online as jewelry box adorned with her initials or a heartfelt message, providing a stylish and organized home for her precious gems.

    ReplyDelete

A Message from Universe to You

Hello Friends, If you are seeing this comment then take it as the sign from your subconscious mind / Universe that "This too shall Pass...