Sunday 24 March 2019

Sakthi's – First Birthday Party Gift (Happily Married Series)

24-Mar 2019 | 5.30 PM | Sweet Home

My wife was busy getting ready for Sakthi’s first birthday party, which was invited by distant colleague Hari. In our company, Hari is working in fourth floor and I am working in third floor. We have worked together in the same project before a decade and we meet rarely on the sixth floor cafeteria and exchange smiles. During one such casual talk in the cafeteria last week, Hari have invited me for Sakthi’s first Birthday party, which I accepted gleefully.  

I was still sitting in the hall in the chair with my Jockey shorts and USPA Yellow T-shirt enjoying the prime video American Television series “The Mentalist”. Patrick Jane, the hero of the series solves the serious crimes by using his amazing skills of observation. I liked this series as it gives my brain some workout. On a lighter note, I personally don’t recommend to watch this series, if you have a weak heart as some scenes might be disturbing. 

My wife shouted from the bedroom "Whether the birthday baby is a Boy or Girl?" 

"Birthday baby name is Sakthi. It must be boy" I said using my Mentalist skills.  

"Which Birthday?"

"First" I replied still trying to solve the mystery in the serial. 

“Whether Sakthi will be thin or Fat?”

Irritated by her continuous series of question while I am watching the series, I asked "I know about his son only last week, and honestly I don’t know. Why are you asking all these questions?"

She replied softly "I need to select the gift accordingly for the Birthday party". 

I never thought about Birthday Gift anytime. For me going in the Bangalore traffic on a weekend and giving four hours of our valuable time is the best gift that we can give to our beloved family and friends. Time is more valuable and precious than anything else in the world. However, my wife won’t agree for this philosophy, as she is from Venus. 

She have kept a new Yellow color and Red color boy dress on top of the bed and asked "Which one we can give as gift ?" 

As I like Yellow I said "We can give Yellow".

She replied "I am confused until now, however it is clear that we can give red" 

Yes, you read it right she have selected red. She have the good habit of selecting the color, which I don't select. 

"It is 6.25 PM and you haven't changed your dress still" my wife gave me a warning still beautifying herself infront of the mirror.

"Darling, I will be ready within 5 minutes, the time starts now" I replied. 

"Let's see" she replied, carefully applying the eye liner around the contours of the eyes. 

I switched off the TV and walked to our bedroom and opened my wardrobe. I have selected the dark blue party wear shirt and brown cotton Chinos and changed my dress and combed my hair in a jiffy. Yes, I got ready within 4 minutes, before she finished beautifying her eyes. 

I picked the car key and told my son "Krish, Let's go and take the car from the parking" 

"Let's go. Boys are always first" he said with his innocent smile. 

I have taken the car out of our Apartment and switched on the Audio player. I have changed the folder to Srimad Bhagavadham, Spiritual discourse by Velukkudi Krishnan. Velkuddi Krishnan was in full form explaining the past times of Lord Rama. He was explaining about how Sita Devi have taken decision to go with Lord Rama leaving the palace and all luxuries. My wife have some of the attributes of Sita. If you give my wife the option of selecting luxury or my presence, with no doubt, she will select my presence for sure. 

Within couple of minutes my wife have boarded the car and occupied the front seat. He picked my son from the back seat and made him sit on her lap. I started my journey hearing the beautiful Spiritual discourse. 

"Shall I change to some songs?" my wife kick-started the conversation.

Even if I tell No, she will change it for sure. I don’t know still why she asks every time, as if she is going to listen to me.

"Sure. Please go ahead" I replied with a fake smile on my face. 

Soon her favorite song "Kadhaalada” from the movie Vivegam filled the air inside our car and she said "I would like to dedicate this song to you" with a smile popped up on her face. 

"Darling, You are the best wife" I replied 



24-Mar 2019 | 7.00 PM | Bhagini Suites Marathahalli

We reached the Bhagini Suites, Marathahalli, ontime and parked our car. In the Reception a Bulletin board Welcomed us "Sakthi Birthday Party at fifth floor” 

Inside the lift my wife said "It is the first time in the history, we have reached the Birthday party on time in Bangalore" 

I nodded my head gently with a victorious smile. 

As soon as we stepped out of the lift, I have seen Barbie girl cutout have been kept all over the party hall as part of Birthday party decoration. My mentalist brain started processing immediately, why Barbie girl cutout ? It is usually Chota Bheem or Little Krishna cutout should be kept for baby boy. I suddenly remembered my college days in Krishnan Kovil, Tamil Nadu where our college friends used to keep the actresses photos sticked all over the walls in their rooms. Is it something like this ? But Sakthi is just one year old and Hari won’t do it for sure. 

Hari was waiting in the entrance of the party hall with one year old baby boy and welcomed us with his trademark smile. Even after seeing Hari with a baby boy, my mentalistic brain was not able to connect the dots as something is missing. I asked my wife and son to take a comfortable seat in the last row and I went straight to Syed, Hari’s Lunch mate in our company.  

“Syed, How are you ?” 

“Fine, Prem. Nice to meet you” Syed replied. 

Without wasting time, I went directly to the question. 

“Is Sakthi, boy or girl ?” I asked

“Prem, Sakthi is girl” he replied with a heartful smile. 

“Oops” 

“Prem, What happened?” he asked with a concern. 

“Syed, I have brought boy dress as gift, thinking that Sakthi is boy”

Unable to control his emotions, He burst out laughing. 

“Bro, please keep it as a secret” I requested him.  

“Sure. I promise, I won't tell anyone”

Syed showed me Hari's wife, who was holding a One year old baby girl wearing a pink dress. I turned my face toward's Hari, and he was handing over the baby boy to his Younger sister. Immediately I rushed to my wife and explained the complete story. 

“What about Birthday gift, we have brought boy dress? She asked raising her eyebrows. 

“I am going out to buy a new gift. Please take care of our son” I replied. 

“Okay. Please come back soon” she requested. 

Luckily, More mega store was nearby and I bought one Pink teddy bear and rushed back to the Party hall. By the time I reached the venue it was around 8.30 PM and cake cutting was over and photo session was in progress. Once again I am late for the Birthday party. I picked my wife and son and stood in the line for the photo shoot as if nothing have happened. After the photo shoot we had a wonderful feast for our tummy.


24-Mar 2019 | 9.30 PM | Zen in the Maruti Zen 

We had left the venue in my car, after bidding bye to all our fellow friends and Hari in the party hall. 

I have purposefully set the Hare Kirshna Hare Rama Kirtan by Srila Prabhupad in my car. It is the one, which I play to calm my mind and bring the focus back. Sensing the situation, my wife have never compelled me to change the music. Yes, it is these little things that makes her more beautiful.

How you do anything, is how you do everything” my wife said. 

I silently acknowledge her with a defeated smile.

“Have you watched Air Crash Investigation in National Geographic Channel ?” 

“Yes, I have watched it” I replied 

“It is a very small mistake that is done by someone that costs hundreds of life. Do you know ?”

“Yes, you are right. I remember one such incident, in which the Flight service person will over tight the screw in the tail of the flight during regular maintenance activity, which will give a small crack that is invisible to the human eyes, that will bring down the flight”

It's not a mistake to make a mistake but it is a mistake to repeat the same mistake” she continued taking advantage of the situation.

“I surrender, please forgive”  I requested her 

The best apology is the changed behavior” my wife said with her beautiful smile. 

Every one of us do lots of mistake in our life, however the successful person consider the mistake as learning and move on. Robert Kiyosaki, the author of Rich Dad Poor Dad once said "Don't waste a good mistake… Learn from it".

A request from the Author :
If you like this article, please share it with your family and friends in the social media. It might help someone to correct their mistake, before it is too late.
  
I sincerely hope that you have enjoyed reading my story as much as I enjoyed writing it. If you like this story, I would greatly appreciate if you would leave a comment below. Even just a line or two can make a huge difference. 

1 comment:

  1. Very nice narrative and final message about venus :-)

    ReplyDelete

A Message from Universe to You

Hello Friends, If you are seeing this comment then take it as the sign from your subconscious mind / Universe that "This too shall Pass...