Tuesday 19 February 2019

A Monk with a Mac - Chapter 1

14-Feb-2019 3.10 AM 

I have boarded the Boeing 7
47-8, Lufthansa Airlines, that is flying from Bangalore to Frankfurt. I was going for a business trip to Frankfurt, for about one week.

In the flight, passing through the Business class, I have entered the Economy Zone which is flooded with dozens of IT professionals. After keeping my cabin bag on its designated place, I have taken my seat numbered "37c".

As a frequent flyer, I am not interested in the window or middle seat. So, I have selected the aisle seat purposefully, sothat I could walk to cafeteria for drinking water frequently to keep me hydrated, without disturbing my co-passengers.

I called my wife in my LG G7+ smartphone, "Siva, I have boarded the flight and it will take-off within couple of minutes"

My wife full name is Sivasankari. But I like sorry, she like calling me as 'Siva' as it is the nickname which is given by her friends during the MCA college days.

"I am sitting next to the phone, waiting for your call. Buy some good pink lipstick and a L'Oreal makeup kit from Frankfurt" my wife reminded me for the third time.

I wondered why girls always think about dress, Lipstick, handbag, Nail Polish, etc.


"Sure. Yes, I will buy for you" I replied

As a reader, do you think, I have any other option other than 'Yes' ? If you think, there is also an option "No", then I am confident that you are not married still.

"Do not trouble our three year old son, in my absence if he does something naughty ?" I requested her.

"OK. I will try my BEST" she replied.

"I need to switch-off my Mobile phone. I will call you once I reach Frankfurt"

"Wish you a pleasant flight. Bye"

“Bye" I hung the phone, relaxed that one important task is completed for the day.

IT professionals like me have the habit of writing all the tasks for the day in a small dairy and strike it, when it is completed. I mentally strike the task "Call Wife immediately after boarding the flight". 




I have taken the book "A brief history of Time" from my laptop bag by Stephen Hawking and started reading it.

I heard a voice "Excuse me, Prabhu". I have paused my reading and turned my face to the direction of the voice.

A young man aged around 30 was standing next to me and requested me to give space so that he can occupy the seat next to me. He was wearing a saffron full sleeved shirt and a saffron colored Dhoti. His head is neatly shaved and had a beautiful smile on his face.

I stood from my seat and have given enough space so that he can occupy the middle seat '37B'.

After occupying his seat, he told "Thank You,Prabhu" with his patented smile.

"You're welcome" I replied formally

As soon as he occupied his seat, he closed his eyes and did some prayer for about five minutes.

After his prayer, he have taken the book "Srimad Bhagavadam" and opened a page which he have bookmarked earlier.

Before he was about to dive into book, I disturbed him by asking "If you don't mind, can I ask you what prayer you have done right now'

He giggled gently and said 'I just prayed to the almighty for the safe Journey of all the passengers and crew members, who have boarded this wonderful flight'.

I am surprised by his answer as I have rarely come across a person who prays for the whole passengers in a flight.

Inorder to kick-start the conversation, I said "I am Prem, working as a Project Manager at
Mindsys Technologies, Bangalore. It is nice meeting You".

"Prem, a beautiful name. It is Prem (Love) that revolves this world" the monk replied with a beautiful smile.

"If you don't mind, can you tell me about yourself" I asked him like a HR in
an interview.

"I am Gaur Govind Prabhu. I studied my Electronics Engineering from IIT Kanpur. I got placed in CICSO during my final Year. I came to Bangalore and worked in CICSO for about 5 years . I resigned soon after knowing the universal secret that it is not my mission on this world' the monk answered humbly.

So, what is your mission on Earth I asked him with curiosity.

"Going back to Godhead" the monk answered without any hesitation.

"Can
you be little more clear?" I asked the monk with a question mark on my face.

"Do you think, whether the world is a nice place to live ?" asked the Monk.

"Yes, it is good. It is all in one's mind" I gave him a philosophical answer.

"If the life on this earth is good, whether, you can conquer Birth, Disease, Old Age and Death ?" he asked me the next question.

"No" I replied with a little low voice.

"If No, how this life on this materialistic world can be considered as a gift to the humanity" he replied with a victorious smile.

Soon, I realized that the person sitting next me is a wise men and I need to decrypt the mystery of life before the flight lands in Frankfurt. 




Soon, the Public Addressing system addressed as "Good Morning Ladies and Gentlemen.I am your pilot Thomas, with our co-pilot Rahul Sharma We will be flying to Frankfurt in couple of minutes and the final check is in-progress. Weather is clear and good and our flying time is
9 hours and 50 minutes. Thank you for Choosing Lufthansa. Have a nice flight"

Flight have taken a smooth take off, it showed the pilot's experience and in couple of minutes, we are in the middle of the air above 35,000 feet. But my mind was still in the runway thinking about the monks words.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Message from Universe to You

Hello Friends, If you are seeing this comment then take it as the sign from your subconscious mind / Universe that "This too shall Pass...